photo screen-capture-15_zpsb80b6d6e.png          photo screen-capture-25_zps7e4b1dd7.png          photo screen-capture-16_zpse8654ab4.png

Dec 25, 2013

Dec 2, 2013 Where Do I Begin?

Okay WHERE DO I BEGINNNN





This week has been incredible. It flew by! I love it here! HAHA funny things that happened:
-We didn't have water for three days... So that was fun
-The baptismal font FLOODED THE CHURCH, well, the hallway and three classrooms. After Johnathan was baptized on Sunday morning, (YAY, so incedibly happy for him) we emptied the font. I saw it with my own eyes. But the little mocoso travieso children FILLED IT UP AGAIN, and put little boats in it, and apparently forgot about it because when we finished church and were heading over to consejo de barrio, there was a river instead of our hallway. Thank goodness its tile. At least the church is finally clean... ha!
-I counted this morning and I have 126 bug bites. Yep.
-I ate cow stomach. Chewy.
-We contacted like 82 people this week and have a lot of promising investigators! So excited.
-The youth in the ward think that I am a famous singer in the US because my companeras started a rumor hahahah
-Stop signs are a nice red decoration for the streets, I dont think anyone knows what they mean or what they stand for.........
-Christmas IS UPON USSSS! Such amazing teachihng opportunities. 
-I am in constant awe of how powerful the Holy Ghost is, my comp and I are literally guided towards people who want to know about the church.
-It was blazing hot and we got to our mamita´s house for lunch and she gave us a piping hot soup. With chicken feet at the bottom. Deliciousssssssss.
-A DOG LITERALLY ALMOST ATE ME. We were talking with Juan, and these two giant dogs started to fight literally centimeters away from my face. I screamed really loud, ha.
-I WILL HAVE MY MONTH B-DAY OF BEING ON A MISSSSH ON FRIDAY!!!!!





Okay breaking down the week:
MARVELOUS Monday was Pday so we washed clothes and wrote home. Sniff sniff. We also had FHE at a member´s home. I LOVE THE MEMBERS HERE, It feels like I´m at home for an hour. They´re amazing. 
Tuesday- TUKO TUESDAYSSSS, tuko means strong. So we contacted a ton of people. We also had Noche de Hermanamiento, which is like a giant family home evening, that is where I ate cow stomach........ 
Wednesday- I can´t remember. But I do remember visiting a less active family and having one of the most Spirit filled lessons ever. They haven´t been to church in a really long time, but they accepted us, and we were able to have a really effective lesson on faith and perservering to the end.
Thursday- District meeting. Elder Yat our District Leader taught us about how we are the magnifying glass and the sun is all the information, and we need to focus on the needs of our investigators. And keep studying. D&C 11:21 hehe
Friday- I don't remember
Saturday- We went to Quinchuqui to help move tierra and shell beans. It was really fun. I love service projects. Our zone is really close. I love all of them; they are awesome missionaries and great people.


Sunday- Johnathan got baptized! We taught 4 investigators and 3 accepted dates to be baptized. Wooooooo. I handed him my scriptures open to Alma 26:12, and he read it before we started. Then later, when he was bearing his testimony, he mentioned that scripture and how much it helped him. I had no idea, but the Lord knew it was exactly what he needed.

I am so thankful for the Lord´s tender mercies. I was having a tough evening, prayed, and then read Proverbs 3:5-6. Then I saw a BRIGHHHT, giant star, and the thought of my Dad instantly came into my mind. Instacomfort. 
We saw a really pretty rainbow this week too. I know that God is mindful of us and the little things really do count.
Some of my favey scrips this week have been:
Matt 18:12-14
D&C 64:33
D&C 61:36
D&C 10:4
D&C 1:23
Matt 14:27 LOOOVEEEEE
FAITH PRECEDES MIRACLES PEOPLE


I was flipping over my notes from General Conference and loved Sister Gifford Nielson´s talk. Go look it up. I think thats how you spell it, idk. But I know that I have to give ALL of me to the Lord, I am clay in the most talented potter´s hands. I trust in Him and I trust that He knows what He is doing.
Love LOVE love Ecua and its peeps.

Love all yalllll
Hope everything is good in the States.

Cuidateeeeee

Hermana Bowman
PS we were at the offices today a dn Elder Leal got a big package... WHERE IS THE LOVE PEOPLE?!? SHOW ME YOUR LOVE WITH A CHRISTMAS PACKAGE (jk, kinda)
PPS Ppleaaase email me your addresses of your houses because I will reply to emails with handwritten letters since I have very limited time on the computer. LOVE YALL bye

No comments:

Post a Comment