photo screen-capture-15_zpsb80b6d6e.png          photo screen-capture-25_zps7e4b1dd7.png          photo screen-capture-16_zpse8654ab4.png

Mar 18, 2014

I LOVE QUINCHUQUI

WELL THIS WEEK FLEW!
Bueno, más bien, (Well, more like) this cambia (transfer) flew! These 6 weeks have passed by in the blink of an eye.  Like I literally feel like I was just writing y'all... odd :)
We pulled a truck out of the mud on Tuesday... Boss status

BEHOLDDDDDDD: ChexMix. There's a place called Cotacachi in our zona, (basically gringo-landia) and Elder Rodriguez brought me MY ALL TIME FAVE for my bday. It tasted like roadtrips and late-night study snacking. (Feel free to send me packages of American food. Thank you.)

How's life? How is everyone doing? I am sending rays of sunshine from Otavalo over to wherever y'all may be. So what is this nonsense I hear about Russia starting WW3!? So much world news I am oblivious to. Whatever.  I´m going to update y'all on how life is going here. It will be more of a picture story, because I ran out of time, yet again.

Crazy elders. We call them cabeza de kiwi (kiwi heads).

We have been working with familia QF this week. The Dad like literally contacted us last Monday afternoon and was like, "come visit my family!" We were stoked! They have 3 kiddos. Marisol (17) who is pregnant and her boyfriend is cray, but she has found so much comfort in the Plan of Salvation and is so excited to make a better future for her bebe (baby). Norma (12) cutest little girl ever, she's the middle child and can be a little quiet but she is LOVING the Book of Mormon, and Johnny (9) crazy wild child, so cute though, he always hugs us. hehe. They´re great. They love the Book of Mormon and it's crazy to see how the Gospel is literally giving them the answers they have been searching for. 


"The torch".......... hashtag Young Women reppin lol. This is at another investigator's house. We were helping start up their fire for their giant iron thing for all the anacos (typical clothing). Way old school. They're the cutest. They aren't really progressing because their kids forbid them, but they love us and always ask when we are coming back - heheheh.

This Thursday we are going to QUITO - woohoo - for Hermana Rojas' verification of her training! (Craaaazaaaay because I feel like I was JUST at my verification.)

Alfonzo´s two pigs- Guess what he named them? ROJAS AND BOWMAN hahahahhahahaha. It's a joke because the President and mission nurse sent out a letter to all our mamitas (the lovely people who give us lunch everyday) saying that they are concerned about the weight of our mission. (THANKS. I GUESS WE ARE FAT.) 



Strawberries...

We had a crazy full week of visits. Hermana Rojas and I have become SO much closer. We know the sector, we love the members, and we love being missionaries. Opening an area and training was a tad scary at first BUT I love it so much. I have learned so much about myself, the gospel, and my companion this cambia (transfer)! I can officially say I LOVE QUINCHUQUI! I know now, that every little piece of the vineyard the Lord engargar´s us with is precious and sooo very valuable. This work is so special and I am so thankful to be a part of it. 


ARROZZ CON LECHEEEEE my obsession. Today at our zone activity. We had a waterballoon war and we all brought food from our countries. Hermana Cajas (BOMB SISTAAAA, love her) brought my favey from Guate. We make flour tortillas and beans and meat. It was good. My future husband is gonna be really happy that I'm learning how to cook.

Sorry it was really short. We have to buy groceries and we had like a 5-hour activity today.... eeeeeeeek. 

LOVE Y'ALL SO MUCHOOOO (MUCH)

28 But that ye would humble yourselves before the Lord, and call on his holy name, and awatch and pray continually, that ye may not be btempted above that which ye can bear, and thus be cled by the Holy Spirit, becoming humble, dmeek, submissive, patient, full of love and all long-suffering;
 29 aHaving faith on the Lord; having a hope that ye shall receive eternal life; having the blove of God always in your hearts, that ye may be lifted up at the last day and enter into his crest.                                                                                                         -Alma 13:28-29

Besossssssss (kissesssssss)

Hermana Bowman

P.S. I LEFT MY UMBRELLA ON THE BUS AND I HAVE A COLD BECAUSE I WALKED IN THE RAIN TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW. But it's okay.   :)

P.P.S. The Mish Pres' letter was also concerned about the health of the missionaries. There have been 28 with food poisoning, I was one of them, and 9 with parasites (yet again, I fall under this statistic as well).  Oh, and 5 with amoebas (Hermana Henderson was one of them, bless her heart).  The letter gave instruction to not give us water that hasn't been boiled or filtered and to watch what kind of food they give us.  And....TO LET US CHOOSE OUR PORTIONS - ALLELUYAAA!!!  Even though it's so sweet because the people here are so humble and want to give us everything that they have.  It's heartbreaking. I love all our mamitas.  They are the sweetest things.


No comments:

Post a Comment