photo screen-capture-15_zpsb80b6d6e.png          photo screen-capture-25_zps7e4b1dd7.png          photo screen-capture-16_zpse8654ab4.png

Dec 17, 2014

Sending lots of love from Ecuador

HELLO FAM! So happy I get to write y'all this week. 

It actually isn't looking like Christmas. We were sweating soooo baddddd today. It's hot outside. Heh. And here in Otavalo only a few people like, legitimately celebrate Christmas, with the tree and gifts and whatnot. Año viejo/nuevo (Old Year/New Year's) is bigger here. It´s most likely because it´s such a humble area. BUT we are starting this cool tradition in our ward where we'll have the Christmas story read out of the Bible and then all the people acting it out (THEY'VE NEVER DONE IT HERE BEFORE! Can you believe it?) Consejo de barrio (Ward counsel) accepted the idea and they were actually pretty stoked about it!! :)

Merry Christmas! THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE PACKAGES grandma and momma. Y'all are the best. I most enjoyed the socks and food. All any missionary wants. I was ecstatic. Funny thing, my comp got two packages the same day, and they were the same exact contents. So thanks y'all



I was shocked at a call from our Zone Leaders last night! WE GOT EMERGENCY CHANGES. (The ZL's are gringos both from Wyoming, hahah what a coincidence and one is like, identical to Daniel, ahenm, Elder Bowman, in every sense of the word. It´s weird actually.) I knew it was too much of a dream to have a ¨white¨  christmas (two gringas together hahaha). HOWEVER I am 100% sure that it is by inspiration of the Lord.
We heart Otavalo.



So what had happened was, we have 4 Hermanas in our ward and before the switcheroo, it was 2 Peruvians together and 2 gringas, so Pres just had us switch comps. Hermana Wight taught me a lot, and I am grateful for the 2 weeks with her. She´s super diligent and an incredible teacher. My new compa, Hermana Corne is a sweetheart and I am excited to be able to work with her and learn from her as well. She´s from Peru. She´s been out for like 6 months. I know that it will be a wonderful change! I feel that I have learned how to just turn it all over to the Lord and trust in Him. I know that His will is much better than mine. It´s so nice not having an internal struggle and just having that capacity to trust in Him. Missionary work7LIFE in general is a lot more enjoyable and efficient that way. :) 
Noche de hogar :) 
We went over to the Amaguaña´s house and had a noche de hogar with one of the families that are fellowshipping them, and the Bishop and his wife. We talked about ley de castidad and palabra de sabiduría and the spirit was SO STRONG. I totally felt the don de lenguas (gift of tongues) because as the members shared their testimonies I totally UNDERSTOOD what they were saying. I missed Otavalo. It´s such a magical place!

That would be (Mount) Cotacachi. Sunsets are to die for here.


Our sector is doing really well. We have been working a lot with the members, they are so willing to come out with us and visit. It's like they recognize that it is truly their responsibility and have that initiative to come out. It's crazy, I haven't ever seen a ward here that's so happy to work in the Work of Salvation. I am trying to figure out what it is to be able to implement it in future barrios (wards). But it's great. The Amaguaña Aguilar fam has 3 different families hermanandoles (fellowshippers) . That's lots of support from the barrio.  We had a great noche de hogar (Family Home Evening) this past week with the Bishop and his wife. We talked about ley de castidad (the law of Chastity) and palabra de sabiduría (the Word of Wisdom) and the members were able to offer their testimonies (in Quichua). The Spirit was so STRONG! This family is ready for baptism.
FAVE FAM!!!! Flia Amaguaña Aguilar. They´re getting baptized this weekend. I LOVE THEM. Here we are with their baby cuyes (guinua pigs) They named them both Hermana Bowman - hahahahha.

Caldo de Bille.... 
It´s a delicacy here and you can only get it at 5 am. It´s the fetus of a baby cow. Yum?


I was looking through my journals and I am so grateful for the person that I am becoming. I'm actually really different than who I was last year. (THANK GOODNESS, hahaha) I didn't even realize the progress, because it's so slow, but it's steady and sure. It's totally line upon line, and I know that we become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day. So goals are really important. Because it's hard to reach an ultimate goal if our daily actions aren't in harmony with that vision we have.

They're so cute. I love them -- AHHH.

Hoaders: Ecuador
Ya can't see it very well at all... BUT it's literally a house built out of recyclable stuff/anything & everything you can think of... clothes, bags, bottles, dead rats, tarantulas, shoes, cups, pots, pans, hoses, piggies, yeah, you get the point...  It was awkward when we took the pic because then the Hermana came out and we're like, OH HEY! We came to visitcha!!! hahahah.


I'm really happy, y'all. Today we spent our time thinking of investigators and updating the carpeta de area (the area book) and personalizing caminos de fe for the families we are teaching. It's so great.
Tomorrow we have our Christmas dinna in Quito at the mission home. I'm STOKEDDDDDDD because this time I'm not sick and I'll be able to actually eat the mashed potatoes. :) eeee!

MAKE GOOD CHOICESSSSSS
REMEMBER WHO Y'ALL ARE
KEEP CHRIST IN CHRISTMAS

Sending lots of love from Ecuador,
Hermana Bowman

We had Relief Society outside this week! All the ñañagucuna.

This. Is. Heaven. I am working in literal heaven. I love it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment