photo screen-capture-15_zpsb80b6d6e.png          photo screen-capture-25_zps7e4b1dd7.png          photo screen-capture-16_zpse8654ab4.png

Feb 17, 2015

Peguche



Well dang, so much to write, so little time. This week was good!

Margarita. Love her. She was picture shy last night. 

I HAD DIVISIONS IN PEGUCHE! It was the best 24 hours of the week! So fun to go back to my VERY FIRST SECTOR. And people still remember me! It was awesome since that was over a year ago. God put a lot of people in our path and I got to say "hi" to some long lost friends. Got to see some converts too. So fun. I cried. And I also got sunburnt. SO, it was a good day. I love Peguche. 

THESE ARE SO COOL -
painted on like a see through canvas.

We had interviews with President. LOVE that man. It was great. I asked him if I could go to the Coast and he chuckled and said something along the lines of, ¨No, with your blonde hair and white skin, you would stand out too much. Aaaand, you'd probly get dengue.¨ So, that's that. BUT we talked about the special spirit there is here in Otavalo. It's so great. Then, he shared with me what happens to be my mission scripture, Alma 26:12. "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of my God,  for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."  It was a great interview. 

BABY IN MARKET. I REPEAT, BABY IN MARKET. So dang cute. Hahah, I love Ecuador. This is in the Copacabana Market where it's a bunch of fruits and veggies for super cheap. It's like ten steps from our front door. 

One of our recent converts fell into alcohol this week. So did one of our less actives. It was tough, man. But we got to have a couple REALLY great, super spiritual lessons on repentance and the Atonement. Something that I am VERY grateful for in my life. Wouldn't be here in Ecuador without it! I know that we have a loving Savior who constantly stands with His arms wide open to us. The process of repentance can be a little painful at times, but the relief and JOY that follows is incomparable. I know that repentance is real, I've seen it in my own life and we got to see how it took effect in these people's lives this week. Gosh, the Gospel is just so perfect. It's all stacked in our favor. 

This is Laura Tituaña, our mamita on Saturdays. 

I was especially grateful for the Sacrament this week, sometimes we forget how special it is. Blows my mind that we get a fresh start EVERY single week, if we go with a broken heart and contrite spirit. We can just start over and have a new opportunity. Over and over and over and over and oooverrrr again, mercy and love takes place in our lives. Such a great moment to contemplate the Savior's sacrifice and love for us. I read this too. https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/10/the-sacrament-a-renewal-for-the-soul?lang=eng

Anahí got a hold of my camera - heheheh. 

We are going to Quito this week to have the verification for Hermana Perez - It's already been 6 weeks, WHAT?! She's gonna go to the Panecillo in Quito. I'm stoked because this means that the trainers get chocolate bread (something famous in the mission) and we get to play Preach my Gospel jeopardy! WOOOOOO!! It's like chemistry reviews all over again (shout out to Mrs. W! Hashtag MHS pride)

CHICKEN FEET SOUP feat.
Meh, times up. 
Love y'all. Have a wonderful weeeeek. 

MAKE GOOD CHOICES AND REMEMBER WHO Y'ALL ARE! 
I am so bad at selfies now. WOW, how can this be?!

Con amoOOooOOOoOOOOoooor (with love), 
Hermana Lauren Michelle Bowman 

PS Valentine's Day was lame. I didn't even buy myself chocolate. Hahahah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment