photo screen-capture-15_zpsb80b6d6e.png          photo screen-capture-25_zps7e4b1dd7.png          photo screen-capture-16_zpse8654ab4.png

Sep 30, 2014

I think I have the black lung.

Fam-

Hello. 

WOW! This week was incredible! Leonela, Joselyn, and Christian all got baptized! It was marvelous. Their whole families where there. (We are working with the parents of Leonela and Joselyn to make sure that they can get married, because other than that, they're prepared... also we are still working with Maribel, Christian's momma, to keep preparing her for baptism so that she can more fully understand perdón [forgiveness] and lección 2 [lesson 2]) 
Cleaning the baptismal font! Love Ecuador! Love the Gospel!

We sang "I Like to Look for Rainbows" and the Spirit was way strong even though my voice was hardly there on the high notes -  lol. It's the thought that counts. Then I gave them CTR (Choose the Right) rings, (HLJ  or Has Lo Justo in Spanish) to help them always choose the right and stay on this path they have chosen to follow. It was a wonderful service! It´s so great to see these 9, 10, and 11 year olds set the example for the rest of their family to follow. They are the turning point in their fams' lives. They will light the path. Because they are like the scriptures say, mansos, humildes, and sumisos, como un niño. And as we continue to work with their parents, they will ALL be able to enter into the waters of baptism and go to the temple and be SEALED AS ETERNAL FAMILIES! Ah, being an instrument in the Lord´s hands is the most incredible thing. I am so grateful to know the M and the V families. PS thanks for all y'alls prayers. I really feel them for them! 

I like to look for Rainbows...

HLJ rings! To remember to choose the right.

Miracle baptism:  Andres, an investigator from 3 months back, decided he wants to be baptized this week! From what I understand, he has all the lessons and all the assistances and was really close to baptism some time ago but he wanted more time to be sure. His wife, Lorena, is about to dar a luz to their son in two weeks (she's a member) and their goal is to be sealed in the Temple as soon as possible. All of his wife's fam are members in La Luz ward (the ward who shared a building with El Eden, my last area) and his father-in-law will come baptize him. His baptism will be on Friday! So exciting for their family.

I think I have the black lung. I keep coughing up a storm - hehe. It's probly just because I got soaked to the bone last week. This too shall pass! 

Mitad del mundo (Middle of the World) monument pic... for free!


The General Womens Meeting was absolutely incredible. WE GOT TO WATCH IT IN ENGLISH, so grateful. I reeally admired Sister Marriot's humility in talking about her weaknesses and turning them into strengths through our one and only Savior Jesus Christ. I loved how there was so much of a focus on Temples. President Uchtdorf's message was so so so inspired. I loved the enfoque (focus) on obedience. HE (meaning our Heavenly Father) not only knows what is best for me, but He anxiously wants me to CHOOSE the best for me. I´m so grateful for those instructions and the knowledge that through faith, OBEDIENCE, humilty, faith, and seeking Christ in word and deed, we can find true happiness. It´s so true. I am really excited for General Conference this weekend!

The work is going realllly well! Each day there are miracles I know come from my Heavenly Father. 
I know that Heavenly Father´s plan is 100% perfect and I have no doubt in my mind that HE is our FATHER and HE LOVES US. He is so very aware of everything. Christ wants to be a part of our lives. As we let Him, our life will transform. I can testify of that because it´s precisely what happened with mine and I am forever grateful. 

Only 4 days, 17 hours, and 52 minutes until ConfConf!! Woooooooo

Con amor (with love), 
Hermana (Sister) Bowman 

No comments:

Post a Comment