photo screen-capture-15_zpsb80b6d6e.png          photo screen-capture-25_zps7e4b1dd7.png          photo screen-capture-16_zpse8654ab4.png

Oct 20, 2014

Sharing is cariiiiiiinggggggggg

Hey Fam-bam and amigos (friends), 

Well, another 6 weeks have flown by. Hermana (Sister) Landero, my Belizian compcomp got sent to... drumroll, the COAST! Woo woo. So tight. We spent 2 days in the hospital this past week. Turns out she´s got liver problems, but she is doing a lot better than before. THANK YOU FOR THE PRAYERS. Our mission nurse is the bomb dot comb so she took real good care of her.

I got my new companion, Hermana (Sister) Ponce, who is a DOLL! I love her, we were in the same zone a few months back. She´s from Chile and lives in the mission boundaries of Jordan´s... I mean, Elder McGee´s mish! Actually, Elder Archuleta baptized her niece! Small world, eh? I love her so much. People call her Hermana Caridad (charity, chapter 6 from Preach My Gospel, holla), ha! I´m so happy to be workin' with her! 

Barrio Pusuquí won´t know what hit them! We have 6 really hard working, spiritual missionaries here. Our zone divided because we had 29 people. Can y'all believe that when I got to Ecuador there were only 8 zones and now there are 14?! And we now have over 230 missionaries. It´s insane how God's work is spreading and growing across the globe. 

A gentle reminder, we do NOT need to have a nametag to be a missionary. As Elder Neil L. Andersen says, ¨If you’re not a full-time missionary with a missionary badge pinned on your coat, now is the time to paint one on your heart—painted, as Paul said, “not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God” (2 Corinthians 3:3) 

We can all contribute and we can all help, in fact, it is our divine responsibility. Sharing is cariiiiiiinggggggggg! I remember in Young Womens we would always have a minute to share our ¨Missionary Moments.¨ Little did I know that each time I raised my voice and mustered up a bit of courage to share the Gospel with my friends, I was preparing to be a full-time missionary! I encourage y'all to put this into practice. It will help a lot, I pwomise. 

Last Monday we got out of our cita (appointment) early and had 20 minutes before we had to be home. Instead of saying, ¨Eh, it´s Preparation day, we should just go home and plan for tomorrow...¨ we decided to contact people. First lady we talked to in the street invited us into her house and introduced us to her 3 daughters and 2 nephews who were living with her! We found a new family. Nothing in this work is coincidence. It is alllll inspired. The Lord sees our efforts and faith and then blesses us accordingly. 

Chutaaaaaa, later that night though, we were getting ready for bed when right in front of our house, a 19 year old kid got killed. It was horrible. Ecuador can be a tad scary sometimes. We´ve been praying to find his family to be able to share the Plan of Salvation with them. 

I was pondering a lot about life and death and how we are only here on this planet for a little blip in time in comparison to eternity... God hasn´t left us alone. He knew we were gonna slip up and make mistakes, and so He sent His Son, who atoned for our sins, making it possible to repent. He has left us with a GPS, the Gospel. He is available 24/7 for ¨tech support¨ through the incredible tool of prayer. It´s just perfect. We aren´t alone! 

I KNOW my Savior. I love Him. I know He knows me. I can't believe I have been so blessed. I truly Stand All Amazed as the hymn states. He has so much mercy, grace, love, kindness, every Christlike attribute in the book. I know that this is the work of the Lord and that there are prepared people here in Ecuador, searching for the truth. I am blessed to be an instrument in His hands as it states in Alma 26:3. I know that this Church is true and that God´s hand is always guiding us along in our lives.  A wise one once said, ¨Little spiritual experiences as well as the bigger ones are the thing that get us through this life, because it´s God talking to us through His actions!¨ 

If y'all have a second, read this! Prayer is important. :)

Have a wonderful week. Be happy. Do a random act of kindness!

PORTARÁSEN BIENNNNNNNN (BEHAVE WELL)

Con amor (with love),

Hermana (Sister) Bowman 

No comments:

Post a Comment