photo screen-capture-15_zpsb80b6d6e.png          photo screen-capture-25_zps7e4b1dd7.png          photo screen-capture-16_zpse8654ab4.png

Jul 7, 2013

GOT MY CALLL!!!!!!!!!!

HELLO WORLD!

THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER!!!!! EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE AGAINNNN!!!! I AM NOW BEST FRIENDS WITH OUR MAIL MAN MR. SCOTTY AFTER HAVING COUNTLESS CONVERSATIONS PLEADING FOR HIM TO DOUBLE CHECK HIS MAIL BAG CONVINCED THAT HE HAD LOST MY CALL (I even climbed into the back of his truck and looked just to be sure that he wasn't tricking me) I CAN NOW BEGIN SHOPPING FOR CUTE MODEST MORMON-Y CLOTHING!!! I FINALLY KNOW WHERE I'M GOOOOINNNNNGGGGGG AND WHEN I'M LEAAAVINGGGGGGGGG!! I HAVE MY MISSION CALL!!! ITS SURREAL!

Wow, I am beyond incredibly stoked to be sitting here and writing this momentous and WONDERFUL news :) I received my mission call on Wednesday (and waited until this fine Sunday evening to open it with more than 50 family members and LOTS of really delicious food (honestly, the food is the best part about being Mormon, y'all)) ANYWAYS, DRUUUUMMMMMMROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

I will be serving for a period of 18 months (wish it was longer) in the...

QUITO ECUADOR NORTH MISSION!!!!!! 
I will be reporting to the MEXICO MTC on November 20, 2013.

Wow. Wow. WOW, seems to be the one and only word I'm able to type! I am so so so incredibly grateful that I have the opportunity to not only serve the Lord, but do it in a FOREIGN COUNTRY while speaking MY FAVORITE LANGUAGE, ESPANOL!!!! Ahhhhh I can't believe how incredibly blessed I am. I know without a doubt in my mind, that this is sent from my Heavenly Father. I cannot wait. I'm already in love with the people! 

I used this awesome site called ustream.com to LIVE stream the opening of my call where all my old classmates, friends, extended fam, old ward members, etc. could all easily access! All they had to do was click a link! (pre-missionaries, take note... this was WAY easier than setting up 3902 laptops, or attempting to set up google chat or skype with 3949023 people) kinda creepy though, because anyone could watch, lol. But it was awesome!! Of course, I facetimed my momma and the rest of the McBowman clan since they're all in Missouri preparing to send Jordan off to the Mexico MTC (then he'll go on to Rancagua Chile) in a short 9 days!!!! 

Speaking of which, it is so special that I have to privilege to be trained in the Mexico MTC! My dad served in the Hermosillo, Mexico mission (and grew up in Chihuahua, Mexico), so it's waaay sweet that I get to spend some time in Mexico :)

CRAAAAZY thing y'all, my cousin Daniel and I were just jokin' around as we all gathered around anxiously awaiting the unveiling of my call.. and he teased me about possibly getting called to El Paso, Texas (we have an inside joke about how you get the worst of both Mexico and Texas in one place there, lol) while he's chillin' in the beautiful country of Ecuador (he's called to serve there and is reporting to the Mexico MTC mid-August). We then went on to talk about how funny it was that both our dad's served in the same mission when they were younger, and it'd be crazy for the church to allow the Bowman's to take over another country yet again. AND THEN BAAAAAAAMMMM!!!!!!!! 10 MINUTES LATER I WAS CALLED TO THE SAME EXACT MISSION! I guess Ecuador is in need of the dream team, hahahha!
What a glorious day today has been. I know my dad had some kind of hand in all of this! I mean, when you're a resident of heaven, I'd imagine you have some kind of pull in where your daughter is going to serve her mission, ha! But seriously, I felt him so close to me today! I'm so happy that I have such an amazing guardian angel who gets to jump in my luggage and accompany me on this exciting journey! 

Not gunna lie, I was maybe a little bit kinda sorta bummed for a short second when I realized I have to wait an ENTIRE 138 DAYS before I get to embark on this new chapter of life, BUT I do have a firm testimony of The Lord and His timing, so no worries! Plus, I'll need that long to build up a missionary wardrobe anyways, modest clothes are SUCH A TRIAL TO FIND, dang! But at least I live in Utah where it's a bit easier...

I have a lonnnng checklist of things I need to get done (including shots, ohhhh my heck please no) and I couldn't be happier. I love lists, hahah!

I'll get my addresses posted so y'all can begin to plan your care packages I know you'll be sending to me while I'm in the MTC (hehe)

I can't even begin to express my gratitude for all of the incredible support I have. Family, friends, bishops, teachers, everyone... Thank you. THANK YOU! I can't believe that I have taken my first step as a missionary. 

THE CHURCH IS TRUE, and I'm so happy, blessed, excited, enthusiastic, eager, pumped, stoked, psyched, prepared, willing, ready, and positively ecstatic to become HERMANA BOWMAN yaaaaayyy!

CAN'T WAIT FOR DAT NAME TAG Y'ALLLLLL!

Hermana Bowman signing off!

PS, video will be up soon, y'all! :)