photo screen-capture-15_zpsb80b6d6e.png          photo screen-capture-25_zps7e4b1dd7.png          photo screen-capture-16_zpse8654ab4.png

May 7, 2014

ch ch ch chaaaaaanges

So, hi. I'm in the city now.... soooooooooo oddddd. Something even more extraordinary is that tomorrow, I will have been out in the field as a missionary for S I X MONTHS. Eets craaayzee.

IT IS GOING ROCKINNNNNN'. I got tranfserred a couple of hours ago to QUITO -- THE ACTUAL CITY! My zone is Quito Este (East)... so stoked, but it's like a whole other mission and I have to get used to everything all over again... I almost got hit by a car because I'm just so used to walking in the street and saying "hi" to cows. Hahaha. My compcomp is from Bolivia, Hermana (Sister) Velasquez [this is now my 3rd comp who is Bolivian] and the sector is called El Eden. And it's actually the Mission President's ward so it should be reallllllly great. {Also I am told that there are gringos (Americans) here?????? WHAT?? What's a gringo? Haven't seen one in six months.}

I´m kinda nervous because I´m used to teaching people with big pauses, lots of visual aids, and lots of questions, aaaaaand predominantly in Kichwa.... and here the people are lots different than out in the campo (countryside), and it is definitely going to be a change. But I also know that God has sent me exactly where I´m supposed to be, and I´m excited and thankful for that, and I know that through fe (faith) and diligence, as well as the awesome 1 Nefi 3:7 (1 Nephi 3:7) scripture, He will always provide a way. :)

And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I awill go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no bcommandments unto the children of men, save he shall cprepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

I was bummmmed though, because Diana and Wuary are getting baptized this and next week. I am so proud of them. They are truly applying the Gospel to their lives, it's such a cool transformation to watch. But even though I won´t be there, I am SO grateful that they are making this important covenant and taking this step closer to eternal life.

It was way hard to leave Imababura. There are so many people there I love too much for words. Everyone is so special in their own individual ways. I will really miss the members and everyone, dang. A handful of people actually came to the bus terminal in Otavalo to say "bye" before I got on the bus to Quito. It was real cool. Ecuador is awesome. I love how the gospel unites ussssss, it's sweet. 

May looks like its going to be a great month. We have interviews with the President later this week. Elder Waddell is coming (I think he´s like an Area Seventy or something. It's a big dealio.) I´m in a brand new sector, and it´s just a happy month. I firmly believe that there are people waiting to hear this incredible message here in El Eden, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to share it!

I enjoyed my time out in Imbabura, and I am sure that there will be lots of tests and trials as well as happiness and success here in Quito, I am ecstatic to see what it will bring. I love fresh starts. Woo woo. 

The Atonement is truly for you. Specifically and completely. God knows you inside and out. This Gospel is amazing. It encompasses anything and everything we need here. Christ is truly our big brother, our Redeemer, our Savior. Heavenly Father is truly our Father. The Plan of Salvation is SO real. We can really get back to our heavenly home. Families are absolutely so important here on Earth, treasure them. Feast upon the word of God, the scriptures help us.

Pray sincerely and frequently to your Father in Heaven, He LOVES you and WANTS to hear from you. :) My favorite thing is that there are so many imperfect people, like myself, who are all constantly striving to be more & more like Christ. This Gospel is about progress, change, & it is completely centered on Christ & His love.


I echo our Prophet´s invitation for us all to become more dedicated disciples of Jesus Christ... to strive to live better. Try a little harder to be a little better. :) Stand a little taller. Go the extra mile! :)


"We will all face fear, experience ridicule, and meet opposition. Let us—all of us—have the courage to defy the consensus, the courage to stand for principle. Courage, not compromise, brings the smile of God’s approval. Courage becomes a living and an attractive virtue when it is regarded not only as a willingness to die manfully but also as the determination to live decently. As we move forward, striving to live as we should, we will surely receive help from the Lord and can find comfort in His words. I love His promise recorded in the book of Joshua:
“I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. …
“… Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.”
My beloved brethren, with the courage of our convictions, may we declare, with the Apostle Paul, “I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ.” And then, with that same courage, may we follow Paul’s counsel: “Be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.”


THANK YOU for all your prayers. Know that yall are always in mine as well.

Read the Book of Mormon for 5 minutes today! And tomorrow! And the next day! Aaaand the next!

Hey, SUNDAY, I shall see y'all. :)

Con amor (With love),

Hermana Bowman

No comments:

Post a Comment