photo screen-capture-15_zpsb80b6d6e.png          photo screen-capture-25_zps7e4b1dd7.png          photo screen-capture-16_zpse8654ab4.png

May 29, 2014

Aren't we a couple of hotties!?

HOLAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (HIIIIIIIIIIIIII)

Hi, this is going to be ADD and short. Like me. Even though I think my height is average. 5´6.5´´

Weeeeeeeeeeee - Quiiiiitoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!


Well anyways, the giant missionary conference was awesome. The following zones were there: Quito Este (us woo, represent), Quito Oeste, San Rafael, Esmeraldas, Ofelia, Calderon, and the Oriente (the jungle). Our mission is dope because we have all four; costa, selva, campo, and sierra. Yayyyyy.

Elder Waddell taught us some incredible things. I have like a whole notebook full of apuntes (points). I loved it. His wife spoke and he translated for her. She spoke on how we need to have a firm foundation for our lives and that the mish is a wonderful time to develop all the qualities we need to combat this world with increasing dangers and temptations - it was really good. She shared the story about how the foundation of the Salt Lake City Temple couldn´t be sandstone, but (needed to be) granite. It was great.

Hna (Sis) Richardson taught up how to have our CAPAS (capes) to be superheroes. (She loves the letter things. What are those called? I know there's a word, and it's not onomonopia. Ugh, idk. My brain is going to explode when I go back to college hahahah I can´t think in English anymore.) C stands for "creer" (to believe). A stands for "aprender" (to learn). P is for "pedir" (to ask). A is for "actuar" (to act). It doesn't really work in English. BLAA. hahahahha blaaaaaaaaaaaa. Yyyeah, nope. 

We learned a ton of other cool stuff. And then in the middle, Hna (Sis) Deveraux and I sang our duet. We did the first verse acapella just the melody together, then we split into harmony with the piano for the next two, and then the last verse we did acapellllla again, harmonizing in English (the Spirit was WAY strong). It turned out alright considering it was like the first time I met her about 10 mins before the meeting. Hna (Sis) Waddell cried. So either it was reaaaallly good or reeeeeallly bad, hehe. 

Aren't we a couple of hotties!?

Our ward mission leader asked me last minute to teach the Principios de Evangelio (Gospel Essentials) class for all the investigators and recent converts. Luckily, I am always walking around with a dry erase marker and was quite prepared. Also, it was on chapter 17 ( https://www.lds.org/manual/gospel-principles/chapter-17-the-church-of-jesus-christ-today?lang=eng ) LUCKKKKKKKKY FOR MEEEEEeeeee, we share this message various times every day. It was a really good lesson, and the class was giant. Like 12 people. 

I am so grateful for the restoration of the fulness of the Gospel in our day. It truly is the best thing ever. I am grateful that as a result of that, we have the Book of Mormon, which contains the precious truths that will truly lead us to eternal life. HOW COOL THAT WE LIVE IN THE TIMES WHERE ITS ALLLL in FRONT OF US. How blessed we are :)

                                        
Me and my comp comp.

Well, I´m stuck in all the war chapters of Alma currently. This time reading through I am learning a lot of really cool stuff I never before noticed.

NANCY CAME TO CHURCH. It was wonderful. The speakers in Sacrament said just what she needed to hear. We gave her a tour of the chapel and when we got to the baptismal font, she got excited for her baptism. It was really cool. She received her answer that this is the true church. So happy for her! Weee.

We also had a lot of lesser active people at church. It's just as important to help the lesser actives to return to the light as sharing the Gospel with people who have never heard it before. WOOO OBRA DE SALVACION. (WORK OF SALVATION)
Hanging out with Nelly (a recent convert's) kiddos and some random doggie.

I love contacting, it's my favorite thing to do. It's so fun talking to strangers about this awesome message, because instantly we have a connection and it's just so awesome to learn about other people's lives. Also, rejection doesn´t ever hurt anymore hahaha, yay. I´m prepared to do summer sales now. I joke, I joke, I kid, I kid. But I really do love contacting. It´s such a blast. 

What else cool happened this week............ hmmmmmm. I dunno. But next week I might be able to see Elder Bowman in the offices wooo wooo. It's almost been a year and we´re like miles apart, yet we haven´t seen each other. I sent him a brownie for his bday -  hahaha. 

Well, y'all have a great week. Make good choicessss.

CON AMORRRRSHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

Hermana (Sister) Bowman

Attitude is 85% of everything and anything. 

How we respond to life is the part we CAN control. 

¨The problem is not the problem, the problem is your attitude about the problem.¨ -my man Captain Jack Sparrow
Attachments area

No comments:

Post a Comment