photo screen-capture-15_zpsb80b6d6e.png          photo screen-capture-25_zps7e4b1dd7.png          photo screen-capture-16_zpse8654ab4.png

May 19, 2014

"Lord, I Would Follow Thee" :)

Hi family, how goes it?!
We love Libros de Mormon! And being Misioneras! Woo woo.

So we got the General Conference Liahona and I almost peed my pants out of excitement. I LOVE THE GEN CONF ISSUES OF THE LIAHONAAAAAAA.  Wooo!!!  Well, this week was crazy fun. I love being a missionary. It's hard, but hey, that's how we grow. The time is positively flying by and I want it to stop.

Me and my comp comp. I taught her to love selfies and mirror pix. She´s a pro at them now. 

Our district, group pic.

We went bowling as a district today at Quicentro, this really nice mall. T'was fun, we went with our district. We are all from different countries: Mexico, Peru, Bolivia, Honduras, Chile, and USA -- WOOOO. Guess who won? USA!!!  Which is weird because there weren´t bumpers or anything. Hah. Then we went to the offices to pick up Liahonas and more folletos (pamphlets) and whatnot. It´s way cool to be so close to the offices now. And now we are here, writing y'all.
I´m almost at 7 months!!!!! hahahah joke joke joke. This was bowling today.

WUT WUT BOWMAN with 115 puntos (points)!!!! I wonnnnnn. Without bumpers.

Hey, remember the drunk guys that almost threw up on us the other night? Lo and BEHOLD, my companion and I were waiting for the last bus of the night from Rio Coca to El Eden, and out of nowhere, appears Issaaac! One of the guys. We sat next to him on the bus and asked if he remembered us, "faintly," he said. But he was actually REALLY interested in the message! He was actually LOOKING for the missionaries. I was blown away. God works in mysterious ways. We have a cita (appointment) with him tomorrow.

We have been working with hermanadores (member missionaries), we even had them go pick up our investigators this Sunday, but no one came. However, their testimonies truly are so valuable. Members are the best. It's SO NICE to have a lider missional (ward mission leader) and misioners del barrio (ward missionaries). It's great. So this week was pretty great. We are working more with the members and this ward is amazing, I LOVE IT! When we put the efforts of members and missionaries together, there is success.


My english class, I love them. They've learned how to pray in English, and introduce themselves; and they know all the numbers and colors. I love Saturdays at 4 pm.

So there are two jovenes (young teenager boys) that are brothers who are investigating the church. Dennis and Bryan. We had the opportunity to go out with our mission leader and the leader of Jovenes Adultos Singles (Young Single Adults) to go visit them, and that was awesome. They love reading The Book of Mormon. Bryan said that 3 days before we contacted him, he was thinking really hard about how he needed a change in his life, and then he said that we showed up on his doorstep! It's so awesome how God works. I love it. 

Elder Waddell ( https://www.lds.org/church/leader/w-christopher-waddell?lang=eng ) is coming on a mission tour this Thursday and guess who got a phone call last night from President asking her to sing in front of the WHOLE MISSION!? Yes, me. "Lord, I would Follow Thee." LOVE LOVE LOVE that song, I am stoked. Yay. Just call me Hermana Archuleta. Haha, jk, please don´t.

He asked us to read this great talk https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/10/converted-unto-the-lord?lang=eng to prepare ourselves for the allll dayyyyy workshop (I LOVE THESE THINGS) and it's really amazing. I love the part about CONVERSION.

¨Conversion is an enlarging, a deepening, and a broadening of the undergirding base of testimony. It is the result of revelation from God, accompanied by individual repentance, obedience, and diligence. Any honest seeker of truth can become converted by experiencing the mighty change of heart and being spiritually born of God (see Alma 5:12–14). As we honor the ordinances and covenants of salvation and exaltation (see D&C 20:25), “press forward with a steadfastness in Christ” (2 Nephi 31:20), and endure in faith to the end (seeD&C 14:7), we become new creatures in Christ (see 2 Corinthians 5:17). Conversion is an offering of self, of love, and of loyalty we give to God.¨

 I invite all y'all to become a little bit more converted :) 

I´ve been reading The Book of Mormon more this past week and have really been able to see a difference in everything. I am thankful for the precious truths that were saved specifically for our day, and I know with allllllll my mind, heart, might, and soul that this is the TRUTH, and am so happy for the oppportunity to share it with everyone daily, but also recharge and prepare myself spiritually daily. There is such power from reading and pondering! And praying! :) Y'ALL CAN FEEL THIS TOO. Just pick up The Book or Mormon and read. It will change your life, I can promise you that. Also, watch this, it's really cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dNYpXZIN_c

Love y'all so much, hope that all is wellllllllll.

REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE AND MAKE GOOD CHOICESSSSSSSS!

Con muchísimo amor (With a whole lot of love), 

Hermana Bowman


'Like the intense fire that transforms iron into steel, as we remain faithful during the fiery trial of our faith, we are spiritually refined and strengthened. These fiery trials are designed to make you stronger.'


No esperes los buenos tiempos para ser feliz, sencillamente sé feliz y los buenos tiempos vendrán. 

No comments:

Post a Comment