photo screen-capture-15_zpsb80b6d6e.png          photo screen-capture-25_zps7e4b1dd7.png          photo screen-capture-16_zpse8654ab4.png

Mar 15, 2015

Wish I could be at the funeral

Dearest fambam,
I knew before I got on the computer today (Monday, March 9th) that Grandpa Maurice had passed away... Not because my mission president called me, but because I think I felt him and my Dad this weekend. It was really special. I love feeling angels, and I know that he is one. 

Making pupusas with my comp at the Chuquin's house. 

We know the Plan of Salvation is real, no? There are so many miracles we can witness here on earth. I know that all of us can be resurrected and we have the opportunity to attain eternal life if we are true and faithful to the laws and ordinances of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Grandpipa was such a great example of that. He left quite the legacy and I am so grateful to have learned so much from him. I know he's at peace now, and probably having a fun little (big) gathering in heaven. Complete with music and nutroll :) I feel very at peace because I understand the plan that we all chose to follow before we even came down here, and this is simply a step we all hafta take. 

Y'all can read this talk by the Prophet, https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/04/the-race-of-life?lang=eng it's a goodie. Wish I could be at the funeral. Love all y'all. 


We have witnessed a few miracles this week. I love milagro de marzo (March Miracles).  Well, actually, I love the mission, because miracles happen every day. I didn't even know that it was possible to see the hand of the Lord SO clearly in all that we do! I have learned also that faith is definitely a prerequisite for miracles. I read Tad R. Callister's Becoming a Consecrated Missionary, which totally pumped me up. I have kept reading the 4th missionary (lesson) as well, and I prayed and studied the Book of Mormon. All of these were windows of light. I LOVE STUDIES. 

We lost 3 days of work this week (UGH) since we were in Quito getting tests done in the hospital and whatnot, but when we got back to Otavalo, we went to the park and contacted our little hearts out. It was so good. I love contacting. Especially with the Book of Mormon in hand! WOOO. We didn't see any frutos (fruits) from those people, BUT, on Sunday, we had four investigators attend! Sindy, who hadn't been able to come for two weeks, came! And stayed the entire three hours! And she had fasted that week! And then a less active and his wife (who we have been trying to contact for over two transfers) came for the first time in four months!!! And also two referrals from our recent convert, Cristina, one of whom has a fecha (date)cfor baptism. It was so glorious. 

I know that the Lord blesses us for our faith and for our diligence, I know that as we give it ALL ALL ALL over to Him, He reveals His hand in this marvelous work. :) Weee!

We were in Quito and saw a group of gringo tourists and they were like, ¨OMG HEY SISTERS!!!!!¨ and waving and stuff. We said, "Hi!" back and kept walking. As we walked away, I heard one of the girls say, ¨That's gonna be me!¨ And DANG, it just melted my heart and I started to cry. I can't believe I'm actually a missionary and that I have the biggest blessing, opportunity, and responsibility to preach this Gospel. I am so dang grateful for this time that the Lord has given me. I LOVE serving Him. Sweet is the work, y'all!

I am grateful for prayer. I am grateful for hymns. I am grateful for Christ. I know that when we submit to the Lord's will, all is made right. We can trust in Him always :) 

I love all y'allllll and hope y'all have a marvelous week! 
Con amor (with love),
Hermana (Sister) Bowman 

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."
                                                                                                                            -Isaiah 41:10 

No comments:

Post a Comment