photo screen-capture-15_zpsb80b6d6e.png          photo screen-capture-25_zps7e4b1dd7.png          photo screen-capture-16_zpse8654ab4.png

Mar 24, 2015

I spoke in church this week. It was really good I think, because only like two people were sleeping.



HELLO FAM-O-LEE!
Old photo :)

It's raining, It's pouringggg. The rainy season has officially begun and dang it, the lights went out again so we lost time. So this'll be short and sweet! 


I spoke in church this week. It was really good I think, because only like two people were sleeping. I spoke on our baptismal covenant and linked it to being a disciple of Christ and obedience and sharing the Gospel and commited everyone to bringing a friend to General Conference. OMG IT'LL BE LIKE CHRISTMAS!!! I CANNOT WAIT. I am so excited. I invite all y'all to pay very special attention this round. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of God and that He is called to guide the church in Christ's name. I know that if we go with open ears, mind, and heart, we will receive the revelation that we need, like Kinda Benjamin says in Mosiah 1:9 :) IT´S REAL :) 


Typical market.

Well, we didn't have any citas fijas (set appointments) for a couple hours so decided to take a little adventure and climbed this giant jungle mountain in the pouring rain (I fell four times) for about 40 minutes and then finally found a house. With a fam of five! It was awesome. We taught them the Restoration and Plan of Salvation and they were all stoked about the Book or Mormon and stuff but then when we went to go and pick them up for church on Sunday they said that they couldn't go because the Dad was drunk and he'd get mad if they left without his permission. So that was a bummer. 

Older photo bcuz no camera.

But we found another family who seem like they're gonna progress. Also, we've worked really hard with the less actives and this week we will have a family and then another teenager, Joan, that will be rescued! YAY! Que alegría. (What happiness!) I really love being a misionero 2.0, where we don't just focus on the investigators, but also on the less actives and the recent converts.
We went out with a lot of members this week, one named Norma.. She's getting set apart for the Lima Peru mish in like 30 minutes! It was way fun to go out with her because she's ssososo super stoked to serve and gave really powerful testimony. 

Adorable kids in native dress

Bishop Cachiguango said that I can pick out any guinea pig of his, kill it, and cook it, and then eat it. JOYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Hahahah. So that's fun. Next week.

I'd like to share a little scripture with y'all! 
Alma 26:12  "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will notboast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." 
It's my mission scripture, and one of my faves. I know that this is the LORD's work, and that as we lose ourselves in it, we actually find ourselves, the salvation of others, and our own salvation. I have truly seen miracles on my mission. I have learned to TRUST in the Lord and just put all of it into His hands... In His strength, I can do all things. All. things. We can do anything, y'all! How incredible is that?! I know that without the Atonement of Christ, we'd be reaaaallly lost. I know that he suffered for all of us, out of pure love. 

I love David A. Bednar's quote: 
¨Thus, the Savior has suffered not just for our sins and iniquities—but also for our physical pains and anguish, our weaknesses and shortcomings, our fears and frustrations, our disappointments and discouragement, our regrets and remorse, our despair and desperation, the injustices and inequities we experience, and the emotional distresses that beset us.¨ 
This is so true. Look to Him in EVERY thought, doubt not, and fear not.


I know that Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that THIS is the one and only true church on the Earth. I know that each and every one of us that are here on this planet chose to follow Jesus once before, and now we have the opportunity to do it again, so we can all make it back into the loving arms of our Heavenly Father and be received into the Celestial Kingdom with our eternal families. So many blessings and so much heavenly help is RIGHT THERE waiting for us to look up.  This Gospel is absolutely perfect and will change anyone and everyone's life as we believe and apply. I love my Big Brother, Jesus Christ, and I am humbled and forever grateful for the privelege it is to serve as a missionary for His Church.

Hope y'all have a miracle filled week. Get on your knees and get to know Heavenly Father a little bit better. He wants to hear from you. 

Con muchísimo amor (With a whole lot of love),
Hermana (Sister) Lauren Bowman

PS  REMEMBER WHO Y'ALL ARE AND MAKE GOOD CHOICESSSS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment