photo screen-capture-15_zpsb80b6d6e.png          photo screen-capture-25_zps7e4b1dd7.png          photo screen-capture-16_zpse8654ab4.png

Jul 2, 2014

I never wanna go home


WELL this week has been cray cray. 

Our electricity got cut off because ssssoooooooomebodddyyy forgot to pay (heeh us). And so we had really nice candlelight planning sessions and had to get creative with cooking for half the week. But it was fun, haha. 

I was proposed to for like the 4th time. By some gypsies from Guayaquil... who are doing a circus in Nayón.
I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARYYYY, I never wanna go home. Sharing such incredible messages of life every day is possibly my favorite thing in the world. 


ME AND MY SOUL SISTA REUNITED, HNA QUIZHPE. YEEEEEEEEEE!!! We both wore yellow since Ecuador BEAT Honduras, muahah. Yay Mundial (FIFA World Cup). We play France on Weds. 


FOOOD at a really awesome member's house. Familia G. S., they're the bomb dot com and we ate THE BEST FOOD ON TUESDAY NIGHT. 

I love Tuesdays because its Tuko Tuesday (where we work wayyyyyy extra super strong and hard to fill our agendas with appointments, contacts, and new investigators.) We eat at this awesome fambam´s casa (house), and CONSEJO DE BARRIO (Ward Counsel)!!!!! Eet´s de behest. 

Alonso is the coolest person in the whole wide world and possibly my best friend. We taught him about the Book of Mormon and he read it and said that he already got his answer that it is the most correct of all books, and that it truly helps him understand the Bible better. Then he asked, ¨Why does everything become clear when y'all explain things? Why do I understand everything so much better?¨  Then we talked again about the Holy Ghost and the promise in Moroni 10:5 that by the Holy Ghost you can know ALL things. He really wants to change his life and has complete trust in Jesus and Heavenly Father. Which is too true. They are ALWAYS there for us.  


We cracked open 3 cocos (coconuts) for Blanca Garrido, our mamita for Saturdays. T'was an adventure.
We found this axe just laying around. Hahah, yep. YAY SERVICIO. (SERVICE)

I want to buy a cell phone for every single for every single investigator, seriously. It´s like we have to play hide and go seek. But any and every time we pray and have faith, they just walk right into us. This is TOTALLY God´s work. The scripture in Moses 1:39 is SO true this is HIS work and HIS glory. 


HAPPY 7 MESES (MONTHS) TO MEEEEEEEEEEEE.



12 And Alma and his people did not raise their voices to the Lord their God, but did pour out their hearts to him; and he did know the thoughts of their hearts.
 13 And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
 14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.
 15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.
 16 And it came to pass that so great was their faith and their patience that the voice of the Lord came unto them again, saying: Be of good comfort, for on the morrow I will deliver you out of bondage.  ---Mosiah 24:12-16
Notice that Heavenly Father didn´t just poof, magically take away all of their trials, afflictions, burdens, tests, and hard times. But He STRENGTHENED them to know that they could deal, and could keep going. 

ALSO, we don´t have to be alone in this life, ever. Christ has already felt and gone through, what we are experiencing. TRUST in Him. TRUST in the cleansing and renewing power of the Atonement. I know that its the best thing that ever happened to me in my life. 

And now that I look back on all the trials, I am so grateful for them because Heavenly Father helps us grow, and learn in ways that we couldn´t unless we went through those experiences. One of the reasons why we are here is to live by faith. (2 Cor. 5:7  (For we walk by faith, not by sight:), look theres even a smiley face.) 

We can develop that faith only through trusting in a higher power to help us, guide us, relieve us, and love us. I know that God makes certain things happen in our lives so we can learn, progress, and grow. Something that I do know is that the Atonement helps us do good, and be better! :)
For more, view Bednar´s talk from this past conference: 
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/04/bear-up-their-burdens-with-ease?lang=eng

I LOVE YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL 
Remember who you are, make good choices! ;)
CON AMORRRRRRRR (with love),

Hermana Bowman
HAHAHA FLASHBACK FRIDAY, at the Panecillo in like, January 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment