photo screen-capture-15_zpsb80b6d6e.png          photo screen-capture-25_zps7e4b1dd7.png          photo screen-capture-16_zpse8654ab4.png

Jan 1, 2015

Happy New Year!!!!

FAMILIAAAA MIAAAAAAaa, (Family of mine)

Wow, I am SO grateful that the WHOLE year of 2014 was spent serving the Lord. What a blessing and adventure it has been! And even more to come.
Soooo, here are my New Year's Resolutions for the second half of 2015:
1- Get married. 
The End.   
HAhahaHAahaHA jkjkjkjk, I haven't even set my goals yet, y'all.  :)

This week was really good. Christmas is such a magical time, especially on the mission. I'm so grateful for Christ. I studied a cool little list of 24 scriptures (the 24 days of Christmas) that my momma sent me, and was able to learn more of Christ and feel even closer to Him in this time. I am So SO happy and grateful to have a big Brother who loves me, and all of us, and that He came here to earth and completed His divine mission with exact obedience, endured to the end, and did it all for love. We are so blessed. 
We played dress up.



It was sosososoosososo great to speak with all the fam. Helped me realize again, that this is the best thing that has ever happened in my whole life. I took a moment and reflected on what blessings I've got because of this amazing gospel, and my family too. I didn't know that obedience brought so many blessings. And not only obedience, but just like, turning it all over to the Lord, our will, everything. It's so liberating. I love Omni 1:26  "And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Isreal, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption.  Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

I feel that I am forming life-long patterns here, because the Gospel is a lifestyle, not a checklist. Remember that. :) 
Cristina´s bap - woo woo.

Sooo, Cristina Conlago was baptized this week! She's a miracle for sure. At first she wanted an angel to come down and tell her the church is true (literally). She was a nun before and knows a lot about the Bible and sometimes asks really hard questions. A lot of the time she said she felt like she didn't have faith anymore, but the Spirit and her compromisos (commitments) have helped her see that she's actually a spiritual powerhouse! She read Ether 12 and found her own answer in verse 6. "And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith."
Cristina!!!!!


That the testimony comes after the trial of faith. She was so excited to explain it to us! It was awesome. Her Camino de Fe (Walk of Faith) is up on the wall, along with little signs that say, SCRIPTURE STUDY! and FAMILY PRAYER! Her husband has come to church for two weeks now (he is a less-active member of 9 years) and sang with all the Elders Quorum in a special number Sunday at church (I TOTALLY CRIED), has friends, and is becoming all involved. Their daughter, Nahíma (6), LOVES Primary. Illariy (3) doesn´t like Nursery hahahaha he was kicking and screamin´ when we tried to drop him off. They´re just a familia de oro (golden family). I love them so much. I feel so privleged to be a part of their testimony building process. 
Walkin'

Highlights: 
-Got bit by a dog and have a gnarly bruise. Battle scars For the Win. 
-One of the Young Single Adult girls in our ward brought us a giant bottle of Coke on Christmas once we were locked in our apartment (we had to spend the afternoon at home on Christmas Eve/Day for safety reasons and will do the same for New Year's Eve). Only and best present we got, heheh.
-We´re going to Quito tomorrow so my companion can get some tests done since she's had poor health lately. I always get paired with the sicklings -  ha! I've been to the hospital like nine million times. But it's all good, because it's like walking into the States for a couple hours. 
-We ran around handing our HE IS THE GIFT cards to everyone we saw in the streets on Christmas Day. It was so fun! Hahah. It's cuz we finally got the shipment of supplies from Quito on Christmas Day and there were like over 500 cards and we had to hand them out on Christmas, pues! 
Familia Mafla. They're so cute.


I am SO HAPPY and GRATEFUL to be serving here in Ecuador (!) and especially in Otavalo. I feel like I was born to serve here, it's my absolute favorite. The people are so marvelous and there's just a special spirit here. I really do love being a missionary and can´t imagine doing anything else with my life right now, weeeeee!
The view from the mountain in our sector, that´s Cotacachi mountain.

I hope all y'all had a wondeful Christmas and enjoy the happiessst New Year. Count y'alls blessings! 

HOMEWORK: pick one of these three talks and read it (OR ALL THREE, that would be ideal) along with Alma 5, and then set 5 goals for the year 2015. ¿Lo harán? (Will you do it?)




Love all y'alllllllllllllllllllllllll


Con amor (with love),

Hermana (Sister) Bowman

The Zone, OTAVALO NORTE - REPRESENT Y'ALLL

No comments:

Post a Comment